5.04.2012

Forget Me Not

From the beginning we called you poppy because that's how small they said you were. The size of a poppy seed. It didn't matter your size, I loved you just the same because you were a little spirit sent to us. You were on my mind every minute of every hour of every day. I guess you were just too perfect because you only needed a body for eight weeks. But for those few weeks you gave me hope. Hope that this is not the end. It's only the beginning.

Though we called you poppy, forget me not seems to fit you better now. 

Because I know I won't.

7 comments:

Turok said...

that is so sweet, and I just want to cry with you. I have been there. Although it never gets easier, it does get better. Thank you for sharing...

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Oh sweet Mindy! I am so sorry! That is so hard. I've been there too so I know what you are going to and my heart and prayers go out to you you sweet woman! This was beautiful.

heidi and tom said...

This made me bawl. I am a puddle. I love you soo much Mindy. We called our first tiny beating heart. That spirit will always hold a special place in my heart.

Wilhite Family said...

You may not know me, I used to work with your husband at Progression but when I read your blog post it struck home and I had to write you. A couple years ago I had a missed miscarriage. I was 13 weeks along when I had a doctors appointment and they couldnt find a heart beat. I then learned that the baby had dies weeks before but my body didn't know it had died so the placenta and everything kept growing and my body kept acting like it was pregnant. A couple days later I had to deliver it naturally. Though this was the hardest time in my life, there was one thing that helped me catch my breath...I truly believed that that spirit was here long enough to gain a little body and then it could go back home with our Heavenly Father. This spirit was so special and so perfect that he or she didn't need to be tried and tested, it just needed that sweet little body. The pain subsides, but you will NEVER forget that sweet spirit. I don't care how far along you are, you have a baby. It may be back home with our Father in Heaven, but it is still yours and it was once here with you and I am sure still is. I like to think of my sweet baby looking down on me hoping that I will never forget it. From the moment I knew I was pregnant, I loved that sweet baby more than anything. Don't ever forget that sweet spirit. I wrote about my miscarriage on my blog in Feb. or march of 2010 I believe if you want to read it. Sometimes it helps to know that your not the only one out there. I am so sorry for your loss. I may not know you, but I feel your pain and I don't wish that on anyone. You are in my prayers. I promise you, though you may not see it now, you will learn so many things through this trial you and your husband face but you will become superwoman! Please let me know if I can do anything for you. -Holly Wilhite

Brittany said...

I am SO sorry Mindy. Our prayers are with you.

ALIX said...

Mindy... This made me cry. At work. I am so sorry and I want to just be there and cry with you. I love you guys.

Jen J said...

Just remember that you are never alone and that there are so many who love you. I too experienced a miscarriage (actually four) but they gave me peace of mind knowing that I could get pregnant. I was also grateful for my knowledge of the gospel and eternal families.
My heart goes out to you and Ryan. I know that this trial will make you stronger and your marriage stronger.
Just a little tip-if you continue to miscarry ask your doctor about getting on extra progesterone pills. I kept losing my babies around weeks 8-12 because my body didn't produce enough progesterone to keep them alive. After getting on extra hormone from the moment that I knew I was pregnant I was able to carry my babies. I now have four healthy and amazing kiddos. :) I know that you will be blessed with them too. Love ya!