12.17.2007

Christmas in Rexburg

Since we couldn't be with our families during the majority of the holidays we felt it was necessary to make our own little Chirstmas in Rexburg.
Ryan decided to give me a little early Christmas present. He wrapped it with newspaper and packaging tape..haha..we work with what resources we have...
Because we don't have a fireplace in our apartment..I decided to just hang them on the wall. No better place really...
No matter how many lights I turned on in the apartment..it still turned out dark..oh well...this is our apt for the holidays! We couldn't get a pretty tree, or even fit it in our apartment for that matter!..so we had 3 little trees to pose as our tree. Ryan's mom gave us an ornament this year of his dog Oscar! He couldn't be with us for Christmas so we got him this way..haha
I was really sad that we couldn't be with our families for all the traditions of Christmas..so we got together with our good friends Brittany and Kelly and made gingerbread houses with graham crackers and homemade frosting! It was a pretty awesome gingerbread house if you ask me!

6 comments:

heidi and tom said...

Did I ever mention that you guys are C-U-T-E??? WE can't wait to see you this weekend!! Woohoooo!! I love you Mind.

love,
Heidi

jeremyandholly said...

good work my friends. your apartment looks great!! i think we might be doing the gingerbread decorating on christmas eve...hopefully you're not sick of it:) are you still coming on sundee?? or did ryan work something out with his employer??
love you munchies!!
p.s. the dog ornament is SILLY

Brittany said...

Gingerbread making was fun!!! Although I think the Haye's skills were far advanced to anything Kelly and I could have made!!!

Amy said...

What cute pictures! I'll bet the Christmas season with the Hayes' was fantastic--and probably even more fun than anyone else's. (It's the whole first Christmas together thing--it totally rocks!) And who else can sport such a festive dog ornament?

melanie davis said...

Hey do you remember me?! Well I saw your blog and I had to leave a comment! I love your apartment!! Looks like you guys are so happy, I am so happy for you guys! Take care!

ryanandmindy said...

melanie! of course!...how did you find our blog?