4.29.2010

oh, no. it was coming up again. word vomit.

okay. i feel a rant coming on. i just can't keep it inside anymore. it's like word vomit.(mean girls..you can google it) SO my friends, overt you eyes if you feels like this could be awkward or painful or negative or uncomfortable or upsetting...or all of the above.

you have been warned.

we'll start with an easy one...
number 1: last minute people. the inconsiderates, so to speak. you know the type. the ones who walk all over you because you're too nice to say no. so they never think or plan ahead until the last minute to ask a favor of you. and they have no problem asking you because they know you'll do it. they don't worry because that's the kind of person you are. that's just how you were raised. so you get taken advantage of over and over again. well. right here, right now, i say no. it stops now.
number 2: when people ask questions or make comments about anything pertaining to pregnancy. if you're pregnant, when you are going to get pregnant, if you can get pregnant. whatever the question...word to the wise..it's never polite to ask these questions.
i'm not sure why it's such a sore spot..maybe its the fact that i know many people who have difficulty getting pregnant or maybe its the fact that everyone and their mom is getting pregnant right now. or maybe its the fact that ryan and i aren't so the incessant questioning is repetitive and frustrating. so for all of you who may be wondering, "it's been almost three years..where's the baby ryan and mindy?" i'm sure grandma would like to know too, but she doesn't ask. maybe it'll be another three years. i promise..when it happens..you'll know.
number 3:  i thought i had a third, but i suppose it's just these two...for today.

i've said my piece. thank you.

*sighs and walks away*

4 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

I do love rants. On the pregnancy topic. I TOTALLY agree. But now I am thinking back, like "crap! I hope I haven't said anything stupid!" Who knows. But I feel like now that we are growing up I understand more and more all the time just how truly rude it is for people to keep asking about the getting pregnant and babies and stuff. Good for you for actually saying it :)

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Oh! Also, in response to the comment you left on my blog, I NEVER even thought of a shopping cart! GENIUS! I will have to keep my eyes open! I think we would ALL like that better!

sarahbjolley said...

i love this post. i love your blog. i love when you update your blog.

Shaylen said...

I will have to share some of my comebacks when people ask me the pregnancy question. I have a whole list because I get sick of it too. :D