6.24.2008

true love

The sweetest older couple(probably in their 80's) came into Amici's(Italian restaurant i work at) the other night. I wasn't their server, but every time i walked passed they were just smiling at each other. The husband kept taking pictures of everything...even their bread..haha..He just wanted to treat his sweetheart to a nice dinner. The next thing I know I was walking out to check on my table and he pulls me over to be in their picture with one of the other servers. He says, "stand over their by my bride. This place is wonderful and you guys are the ones that make this happen." They were so sweet. It reminded me of my grandma and grandpa when they were still living. It put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

4 comments:

heidi and tom said...

I love old couples who are in love!

heidi and tom said...

To respond to your comments on my blog:
1. I think he's a buddy too!
2. Thanks for the birthday wishes!
3. Yes, that's Kirsti Pugsley
4. Yes, that's your shirt
5. Benjamin loves you too!
6. Thanks for the compliments on my hair...what is your hair up to these days?
LOVE YOU AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU FOR THE 4TH!!

finnish mama said...

that made me cry. i guess cause dad and i arent too far from that. and it reminded me of "notebook". wow, why did that make me so darn melancoly???? thanks for the very thought provoking post.i love you.

Amy said...

I hope all of us get to be that way someday...