4.27.2008

the other boleyn girl

Alright..So last night whitni and I decided we wanted to go see The Other Boleyn Girl. Holly had mentioned a few times that she wanted to see it and i saw a couple previews and thought yeah...that looks intriguing. We decided we wouldn't make the boys watch it with us so they went and saw 10,000 BC. Okay...had i known what this movie was really about and known it was about King Henry VIII and his wives, i probably wouldn't have seen it. Through out the whole thing i was frustrated, sad, speechless, angry, disappointed, etc...And normally I am one who cries at all movies, but I was so shocked at the movie I couldn't even cry until whitni and i both got out of the movie and saw the husbands and then the tears came pouring out! I haven't been able to stop thinking about the movie since last night because it left me with such a horrible taste in my mouth! Unless you are a history buff and interested in this depressing story i would suggest steering clear of this movie!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up.

Anonymous said...

You're crazy!!!! I absolutely loved this movie! It is so scandalous! Yes, it's a bit depressing, but it all really happened, that makes it so interesting and so cool!

jeremyandholly said...

well now after sarah's comment....i still want to see it:)

ryanandmindy said...

haha..good work sarah beth!..no sarah has the tendency to do that but then after watching certain movies i still don't agree!..but maybe i'll have to watch it again and re-evaluate...maybe....

Spencer & Cara said...

I'm going to have to agree with both you and Sarah. I totally thought it was way depressing and disturbing at times. But I also thought it was interesting to know how Queen Elizabeth came about. I love history so it was a good but depressing movie. hahaha